News : ROUTE UPDATES during 2017
Over the Xmas break we have done nearly all the
outstanding tasks. Highlights include:
- Route 12 changes "completed" - But users may find
issues before we go to printing as part of a new issue of
"Circular Walks us".
21-Walks route 12 & 12A Improvements
The above routes have been improved, with significant new
paths between Point 4 and Point 6. The previous route
via Stretton under Fosse are no longer recommended, avoiding
paths which are too near M6, with poor surfaces.
The new routes use a much better surface and
- GPX data updated for all Walks 3, 12, 17,
18 & 40-Mile route.
GPX files as
often adequate, but spoiled by minor errors. These would
spoil the order some parts of the path are found, and often make
the length of the walk seem longer than it really is.
Finding such errors are hard to find, and sometimes hard to
- Other minor corrections have also been fixed
while working on above.
- Only one other Walk has similar issues, but all
have been fixed except for Walk 6 which is one route,
but in the form of a double 8 with shared its being shared.
Other users of OSM break it, or better complain about my "method"
- I might solve it another way, but in the meantime keep